Content Marketing begins and ends with the audience. The audience expresses concerns, the gears begin to turn and eventually your company pushes out valuable information for them to read. If done right, it can be a very successful way of marketing. The question I most often get, though, is: Where do I begin?
Before we even get started, you should know the basics of what Content Marketing is. It’s one of the most important marketing techniques used in Inbound Marketing that focuses on providing value for your audience. This value eventually turns into sales and happy, engaged, returning customers. Once you understand the basics, you’re ready to get started with the process.
Content Marketing begins like this:
- Audience expresses concerns
- You realize these concerns
- Editorial director selects topics and formats
- An editorial calendar is formed
- Creators make content
- Content promoters distribute the content
- Target audience finds their answers
- Audience member converts to a customer and the cycle repeats
We begin, and end, with the audience. This is the foundation for Inbound Marketing or what most call Customer-centric Marketing. Let’s break these steps down.
Now use this and get started on shifting your Content Marketing to the new way of the web — customers over all. If you’re still lost, contact us, or leave a comment below. We’re here to help!